United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Needs IT Service Delivery Management Officer
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Service Delivery Management Officer
Job ID: 31363
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Salary Grade: P3
Hardship Level: C
Family Location Type: Family
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
- The IT Service Delivery Management Officer is responsible for ensuring that IT systems and services are available and delivered consistently, reliably, and effectively.
- The incumbent oversees day-to-day operations and coordinates the work of multiple support groups, both internal to UNHCR, as well as, Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
- The incumbent ensures the various MSPs (both local and corporate) and UNHCR IT staff under their supervision deliver efficient and effective systems and services in accordance to contractual obligations and best practices.
- Understanding the current and future needs, the incumbent ensures that the IT requirements are understood and that offices within their respective area of responsibility (AoR) have adequate IT Services to maintain communications across the organization, and have the IT tools necessary to support their work.
- The incumbent has regular contact with MSPs (globally and locally within the AoR), with other Service Delivery Managers (SDMs), with Solution Engineers, with vendors, and all Services of DIST.
- S/he understands and communicates the UNHCR IT strategy and vision, policies, and decisions throughout the AoR in a positive manner and leads by example in the adherence and adoption.
- S/he establishes and sustains relationships with respective business leaders & management in order to achieve technical and business strategic alignment.
- S/he may have supervisory responsibility for other IT staff both directly and in a matrixed structure.
- The specific reporting relationships may vary based on the size and structure of the Operation and will be specified in the Operational Context; the incumbent may receive functional direction and advice from the functional Division. Travel within the AoR is an integral part of this function, sometimes at short notice and potentially for extended periods of time, particularly when supporting an emergency.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Within the Area of Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily Business-As-Usual operational decisions, including; incident, problem, change, service request, and asset management.
- With leadership, prepare an IT Operations Plan and forecast annual IT budget needs; including lifecycle management, application licensing, maintenance, recurring and capital expenditures providing input to the Annual Programme Review.
- Ensure compliance with Service Management and IT security policies and standards, technical architecture, and service level agreements – reporting non-compliance as appropriate.
- Monitor Service Level performance targets (internal and external); including, follow up, validation, and audit of results.
- Serve as primary escalation point for end-user and operational issues (Incidents & Service Requests) not resolved within established SLA’s; coordinate with MSPs to expedite resolution including prioritization and escalation of SLA performance breaches to supervisor or responsible service tower owner.
- Work closely with UNHCR SDMs and MSPs to carry out problem management and root cause analysis, and prevent recurrence of critical problems by executing approved changes.
- Review and validate that Change Management processes are adhered to by both staff and MSPs. Ensure that change, test, and release processes are properly planned and executed. Approve installation of new or upgraded systems and services. Support deployments and testing of new IT components.
- Recommend, and implement approved, service delivery process improvements. Define support processes in accordance with ITIL best-practices.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all IT equipment for all sites, and ensure relevant Asset Management policies and guidelines are followed and the ITSM databases are up-to-date.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all locally developed applications and systems and report in the central registry.
- Leverage the broader IT community (UNHCR, UN agencies, partners and external providers) to deliver the most efficient and cost-effective solutions to the business. Represent UNHCR IT in inter-agency and other external meetings.
- Ensure solutions are of high-quality from a technical perspective and that end-user support is responsive and effective.
- Monitor, analyse, and report on system and infrastructure performance and capacity in a timely manner and ensure that service owner take appropriate action.
- Track expenditures against budgets, prepare forecasts, and verify invoices from service providers and suppliers against SLA performance targets before payment is approved. Conduct/participate in periodic performance review meetings with partners.
- Provide accurate and timely information on operational status and reports to management.
- Ensure Audit recommendations and actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in drafting requests for proposals and reviewing support contracts including SLAs, SOPs, and OGs.
- Assist in the recruitment and development of IT staff in accordance with business needs, budget, and personnel policies. Coordinate work of IT staff under direct or functional (dotted) reporting lines. Identify further skills needed for field staff and end-users and relevant training activities.
- Promote a competent and motivated workforce trained to understand and use IT facilities and who implement the correct procedures and practices.
Additional duties for Country Operations positions
- Liaise and negotiate, when necessary, with relevant regulatory bodies to ensure all required permissions to operate UNHCR networks are granted.
- Promote partnership with sister Agencies, Implementing Partners, NGOs and other operational partners in consultation with Regional Bureau/Country Representative / DIST, Headquarters.
- Report on regular basis to the Regional Bureau, Senior IT Service Delivery Management Officer.
- Coordinate with UNHCR offices for logistic support to clear IT equipment and accessories for speedy deployment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level:
- For P3 / NOC – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
Field(s) of Education:
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- Information & Communications Technologies, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technologies, Project Management or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- *ITIL V3 Foundation
- Project Management
Relevant Job Experience:
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in IT of which 3 spent managing IT service delivery with SLA based delivery of both centralized and decentralized applications, systems, and services.
- Good understanding and practical experience of ITIL Service Operations processes driven by continuous improvement.
- Experience working with business partners to understand how IT affects an organization and link it to business processes and operational tasks.
- Ability to influence, manage and lead negotiations with stakeholders. Strong interpersonal skills that include effective communications (both verbally and written) at all levels; to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working in a matrixed team to ensure collaborations and effective operations across multiple organisations.
- Experience in project monitoring and control, data analysis, and presentation for executive review and decision making.
- Experience of coordinating activities across different partner organizations developing effective services.
- Formal certification in ITIL Service Operations.
- Experience providing IT services, including deep field locations.
- Experience acting as an inter-agency IT focal point.
- Solid understanding of application and infrastructure technologies used in IT systems and services supported by IT staff in the AoR.
- Experience of operating in humanitarian or United Nations organizations, with field experience.
- A good understanding of UN/UNHCR reforms and the priority agenda of the organization.
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential):
- *IT-Service Delivery Management
- *IT-Experience managing IT infrastructure in 24/7 environment
- *IT-ITIL Processes and Service Operations Management
- IT-Experience with IT infrastructure support
- IT-Information Technology (Practices/Processes)
- IT-IT Operations Management
- IT-IT infrastructure (LAN/WAN,HF/VHF radio,VSAT satellite syst,PABX/telephony)
- IT-IT Systems and Standards
- IT-Microsoft Office 365
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- C001L3 – Accountability Level 3
- C002L3 – Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
- C003L3 – Communication Level 3
- C004L3 – Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
- C005L3 – Client & Result Orientation Level 3
- C006L3 – Organizational Awareness Level 3
- M001L3 – Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
- M002L3 – Managing Performance Level 3
- M003L3 – Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
- X001L3 – Analytical Thinking Level 3
- X003L3 – Technological Awareness Level 3
- X005L3 – Planning and Organizing Level 3
- All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
- As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
- This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday 23rd November, 2021 (midnight Geneva time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
- The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions.
- UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce.
- Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.
IT Service Delivery Management Officer at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Needs IT Service Delivery Management Officer
Zeniq was just launched on Pancake swap we need to be a little patience for more instructions on how to go about it
Zeniq Pancake Swap Launched & Withdrawal Procedures at a Very Low Fee
Zeniq Latest Products and How to Activate it
Zeniq will start to ship the Zeniq Hubs from 15th November
Zeniq Hubs disbursement start by 15th November
How to Apply for Zeniq Hubs Collection
Zeniq will start to ship the Zeniq Hubs Latest Products Apply Now
www.zeniq.com Zeniq Blockchain Digital Technology Investments Registration portal
Zeniq Ranks & Benefits/Join the Best Registration Team for New Members
Zeniq Payment Service Provider API-Similar to Paypal/ Bitpay Sign-up Now
Click here to signup for ZENIQ www.newsjotter.com
Click here to signup for ZENIQ Technologies and Safir Benefits
Zeniq Technologies & Safir Earning Potentials
ZENIQ Trading of all Crypto as a Digital Investments Assets/How to Apply
Click here to signup for FOMOEX www.newsjotter.com
www.safir.com/backoffice/auth/login How to Withdraw in Zeniq
Click here for your sustainable system & digitalized Means of earning money on Daily/weekly basis