United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Needs Field Security Officer
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Security Officer
Job ID: 31200
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Salary Grade: P3
Hardship Level: D
Family Location Type: Family
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
- The Field Security Officer reports to the manager, who may be, according to context, the Representative/Chief of Mission or Head of Office within a country operation, the Senior Field Security Officer; the Bureau Director in a Regional Directorate; the Chief, Security Operations Section at Headquarters, or the regional Senior Security Coordinator.
- The incumbent acts as an adviser to the manager on field security, providing sound, well- reasoned advice followed by support in implementation of agreed measures or steps.
- The incumbent may directly supervise security personnel at the international or national level. The incumbent may, depending on the context, be expected to monitor, coach, guide and support security personnel.
- The Field Security Officer may, depending on the context, be expected to travel on mission to multiple duty stations to provide advice and support to the local manager as agreed in mission terms of reference.
- All UNHCR personnel are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
- In addition, personnel are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Advise and support the manager on all aspects of security risk management, crisis readiness and preparedness with regard to maintaining the safety and security of UNHCR personnel, operations, and facilities.
- Undertake security risk assessments / ad hoc Security Risk Managements (SRM) analysing security factors and levels of risk related to UNHCR activities and programmes.
- Participate in the development or update of the SRM process for designated areas.
- Evaluate existing Security Risk Management Measures (SRMMs) to determine their appropriateness and identify areas needing improvement. Follow up with actions to oversee or implement those improvements.
- Monitor compliance with standards established through the Security Risk Management process.
- Ensure gender considerations are included in the SRM processes and that SRMMs are appropriate. At a minimum these must include security briefings, travel advisories and the development and update of the Aide Memoire for Response to Gender-Based Security Incidents
- Develop specific UNHCR plans as well as contributing to the UNSMS plans and planning for relocation/evacuation, medical evacuation and other contingencies test plans in exercises or drills. to ensure that personnel are familiar with contingency plans and can implement them effectively in an emergency.
- Ensure that security measures are fully integrated into operational planning, including budgetary provisions, at the earliest stages of development.
- Coordinate and assist in management of critical incidents and post-incident processes reporting to manager, regional security coordinator and FSS.
- Participate in and support activities to advise on Programme Criticality assessment process.
- As a member of a multi-functional team, contribute to efforts to ensure the physical protection and security of refugees and other persons of concern by providing security assessments, analysis and advice in developing and implementing effective strategies which underpin the responsibilities of the host state.
- Develop and maintain relationships with security-related actors, including Host Government law enforcement authorities and other stakeholders to ensure effective information sharing.
- Maintain and enhance lines of communication with the UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), and other UNSMS Security personnel ensuring UNHCR mandate and program activities are understood. Actively contribute to the Security cell and support the UNSMS.
- Support UNHCR personnel serving as members of the country Security Management Team (SMT), or Area Security Management Team (ASMT), Area Security Coordinators (ASC) and Wardens.
- Provide country-relevant, security advice and training which is gender inclusive to UNHCR personnel, and where feasible to staff of NGOs and Partners in areas In line with UNSMS and UNHCR standards. Coordinate training with security management training unit of the global learning development centre.
- Prepare periodic analytical reports on security issues in accordance with UN and UNHCR standard operating procedures, sharing with managers in the country of assignment and as relevant the regional Senior Security Coordinator and FSS.
- Maintain linkages with the Psychosocial Well Being Section, and the Medical Service, referring cases as required.
- Undertake other security-related functions or responsibilities as delegated by the supervisor.
- Assist in building the capacity of national field security personnel by providing mentoring, on the coaching and other forms of guidance
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level:
- For P3/NOC – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
- Security; Security Management; Business Administration; Political Science; Social Science; International Relations; or other relevant field.
Certificates and / or Licenses:
- Security Management, Security Risk Management, Security and Safety certification, WSAT ToT
Relevant Job Experience:
- Security risk management experience in an international capacity.
- Proven competences in security analysis. Experience in high-risk/hardship environments. Experience working within or with humanitarian NGOs. Experience in implementing gender-inclusive Security Risk Management processes.
- Relevant training (first aid, WSAT, SSAFE, presentation skills, training skills). Examples of having established networks with Host Government or other security actors from previous employment. Experience of effectively handling gender-based security incidents.
- Experience of delivering presentations and training.
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- *Security risk management
- *FS-Field Security Operations
- *FS-Security Planning
- *FS-UN/UNHCR Rules, Regulations and Guidelines on Security Management
- FS-Security Analysis/Information Management
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- C001L3 – Accountability Level 3
- C002L3 – Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
- C003L3 – Communication Level 3
- C004L3 – Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
- C005L3 – Client & Result Orientation Level 3
- C006L3 – Organizational Awareness Level 3
- M004L3 – Strategic Planning and Vision Level 3
- M005L3 – Leadership Level 3
- X001L3 – Analytical Thinking Level 3
- X007L3 – Political Awareness Level 3
- X008L3 – Stakeholder Management Level 3
- All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
- As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
- This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday 23rd November, 2021 (midnight Geneva time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
- The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions.
- UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce.
- Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.
Field Security Officer at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Needs Field Security Officer
Zeniq was just launched on Pancake swap we need to be a little patience for more instructions on how to go about it
Zeniq Pancake Swap Launched & Withdrawal Procedures at a Very Low Fee
Zeniq Latest Products and How to Activate it
Zeniq will start to ship the Zeniq Hubs from 15th November
Zeniq Hubs disbursement start by 15th November
How to Apply for Zeniq Hubs Collection
Zeniq will start to ship the Zeniq Hubs Latest Products Apply Now
www.zeniq.com Zeniq Blockchain Digital Technology Investments Registration portal
Zeniq Ranks & Benefits/Join the Best Registration Team for New Members
Zeniq Payment Service Provider API-Similar to Paypal/ Bitpay Sign-up Now
Click here to signup for ZENIQ www.newsjotter.com
Click here to signup for ZENIQ Technologies and Safir Benefits
Zeniq Technologies & Safir Earning Potentials
ZENIQ Trading of all Crypto as a Digital Investments Assets/How to Apply
Click here to signup for FOMOEX www.newsjotter.com
www.safir.com/backoffice/auth/login How to Withdraw in Zeniq
Click here for your sustainable system & digitalized Means of earning money on Daily/weekly basis