Taraba State University (TSU) Needs Bursar
Taraba State University is set up to satisfy society’s demand for discovery and dissemination of knowledge, upholding truth and social justice, rendering selfless service to the community, promoting and preserving academic freedom and fundamental values of the people and humanity in general. The University shall actively engage in teaching, research, and community service, taking into consideration the needs and aspirations of the people of Taraba State in particular and the country as a whole.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The post of the Taraba State University (TSU) Bursar will become vacant from the 4th December 2021.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993, as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provision), Amended Act, 2003, the Governing Council of the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of a suitable and qualified candidate for the position.
The Position and Duties
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is directly responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the management and control of the finances of the University
- He/she shall advise the Vice Chancellor on finance-related matters, coordinate the development and update the University’s financial management plans, coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure statements, balance sheet, cash flow estimates and consolidation, when necessary
- He/she shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the university.
- The duties shall include monitoring monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variance against the budget, and ensuring that they are reconciled; monitoring treasury activities including cash flow projections and forecasts for prudence and accountability, negotiating with financial and government institutions with regard to financial matters.
Requirements for the Candidate
- The candidate for the post of Bursar must possess a good earned honours Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or any related discipline from a recognized university, with at least ten (10) years relevant post-professional qualification experience in an institution of higher learning. Possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- The applicant must possess any of the following professionally recognized Accountancy qualifications: ANAN, ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA, ICAN. The candidate is also expected to:
- Not be below the rank of Deputy Bursar;
- Show demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Exhibit the ability to be a team leader, who leads by examples and has clear mentorship skills and plans, and should not be older than sixty (60) years upon appointment and should be within the retirement age at the expiration of his/her tenure;
- Exhibit a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of financial resource management with an outstanding experience at the management level;
- Be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate colleagues, a person with a clear vision for the development of the university and must be ready to implement the vision of the university,
- Be focused and innovative, computer, literate and must have a good working understanding of communication by internet, and
- Must be in excellent physical and mental health.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The Bursar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar in all Public Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Taraba State Government Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward thirty (30) copies of their Applications and detailed curriculum vitae duly signed, with Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees in sealed envelopes, to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Taraba State University
PMB 1167 Jalingo,
- Each application including the candidate’s detailed curriculum vitae duly signed
should be made in thirty (30) copies.
The curriculum vitae must contain the candidate’s
name in full, age, marital status, educational attainments, nationality, professional
and academic achievements.
Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Each applicant should request each of his/her referees to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked “Post of Bursar: Referee’s Report” with the name of candidate at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- The Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed
- necessary, and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired results.
- This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.
Bursar at Taraba State University (TSU)
Taraba State University (TSU) Needs Bursar
Zeniq was just launched on Pancake swap we need to be a little patience for more instructions on how to go about it
Zeniq Pancake Swap Launched & Withdrawal Procedures at a Very Low Fee
Zeniq Latest Products and How to Activate it
Zeniq will start to ship the Zeniq Hubs from 15th November
Zeniq Hubs disbursement start by 15th November
How to Apply for Zeniq Hubs Collection
Zeniq will start to ship the Zeniq Hubs Latest Products Apply Now
www.zeniq.com Zeniq Blockchain Digital Technology Investments Registration portal
Zeniq Ranks & Benefits/Join the Best Registration Team for New Members
Zeniq Payment Service Provider API-Similar to Paypal/ Bitpay Sign-up Now
Click here to signup for ZENIQ www.newsjotter.com
Click here to signup for ZENIQ Technologies and Safir Benefits
Zeniq Technologies & Safir Earning Potentials
ZENIQ Trading of all Crypto as a Digital Investments Assets/How to Apply
Click here to signup for FOMOEX www.newsjotter.com
www.safir.com/backoffice/auth/login How to Withdraw in Zeniq
Click here for your sustainable system & digitalized Means of earning money on Daily/weekly basis