Search for Common Ground (SFCG) Needs Safety & Security Manager
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Safety & Security Manager
Location: Abuja with 40% travel
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: County Directory
- Search for Common Ground seeks a Safety & Security Manager to direct the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective strategy to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and provide for the safety and security of all employees.
- The ideal candidate shall also serve as the subject matter expert on all safety and security related matters.
- S/He will be responsible for establishing policies and standards affecting safety and security of staff members, field facilities and assets, and program activities globally.
- Will also ensure security protocols and mechanisms are in place to address country programs’ unique security challenges.
- The Safety & Security Manager will provide direction and technical support in developing and maintaining country programs’ context-specific field security plans.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the recruitment and selection of qualified security field staff, Support and mentor national security officers, focal points, guards and drivers
- Make frequent site visits to SFCG premises to carry out performance assessments and provide constant support to the security and project team
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff
Context & Risk analysis:
- Develop and regularly update the country security profile (with regards to the socio-economic, political and/or military situation in country, the country criminality profile, the nature of ongoing conflicts or crises climatic & seismic hazards and health risks,)
- Follow-up on major country events and developments
- Analyze and locate key local stakeholders
- Develop security trend analysis
- Ensure internal incident tracking system is utilized properly: create an security incident database and perform incident mapping and analysis
- Fill in and regularly update the Risk Analysis Matrix (threat, likelihood, impact, level of vulnerability, level of risk)
- Carry out security assessments of new SFCG areas of intervention or areas under consideration.
Develop and update Country Security Plans, SOPs and Contingency Plans:
- Draft and regularly update the Country Security Plan (CSP) for validation by the Country Director and endorsement by HQ
- Recommend changes in the Country Security Plan to Country Director and HQ Security department
- Draft Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) adapted to the local context
- Draft and regularly update evacuation and contingency plans across all in-country offices
- Ensure preparedness to evacuation and contingencies (check contingency kits, first aid kits etc.).
- Design and drill a security communication tree (warden system), emergency radio network, and provisioning of emergency supplies for field personnel
Daily Security Management:
- Coordinate and monitor security activities to ensure that safety and security policies and procedures are implemented
- Ensure that all field staff are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce their vulnerability to those threats
- Monitor the security preparedness of country staff and enforce staff compliance with internal security rules and SOPs, ensuring they are communicated to all staff and understood
- Set up and control the implementation of mitigation measures and security rules according to the local context
- Ensure compliance with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) and develop action plans for security upgrade
- Carry out security assessments of new SFCG facilities, ensure a standard level of facilities protection, and supervise guards.
- Ensure offices have adapted communication means, and ensure maintenance to support the Logistic team in Country. Ensure constant update of the emergency contact list.
- Ensure a proper level of preparation before movement on the field, ensure transportation means are adapted, ensure a good fleet maintenance, and set movement rules which are adapted to the local context to support the Logistic team in Country. Ensure operational follow-up of movements.
- Ensure logistics follow a servicing and maintenance schedule for vehicles
- Spearhead security assessment missions prior to SFCG staff deployment to a new area and ensure minimum security standards are in place before their installation.
- Adapt crisis management protocols to local situation
- Act as a key member of the Crisis Management Team so that safety policies and procedures are implemented
- Ensure weekly/monthly security reports are completed and sent to Country Director and HQ as the case may be, providing timely updates of all situational and security developments including investigation of security incidents
- Produce real-time incidents report using the security incidence report template
- Ensure lessons learnt are quickly documented and infused into policies and processes.
Training and briefing:
- Conduct security briefing for each new international staff arriving in country and new staff during onboarding.
- Design security training modules for Country Director’s approval and HQ endorsement.
- Determine training needs for the security staff
- Train national staff to increase their awareness and sense of responsibilities
- Conduct any staff security training that is warranted (HEAT, training to drivers and guards, evacuation drills, fire safety etc.).
- Carry out investigations and capture lessons learned to be incorporated into future staff trainings
Develop and maintain a security network:
- Actively participate in Weekly and Monthly Coordination Meetings
- Create an information network in country, identifying key informants
- Build strong professional relationships with UN agencies, local authorities, other NGO’s (local and international), and all relevant stakeholders
Ensure external representation:
- Attend security coordination meetings and update Country Director and HQ on current security issues
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the SFCG Code of Conduct, values and policies with regard to internal and external stakeholders
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
Qualifications & Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Security Administration or related area or ability to demonstrate a work-based equivalent;
- Experience in INGO security, military or law enforcement background;
- Some familiarity with USAID and other donor agencies policies and procedures;
- Experience working in conflict and post-conflict settings
- Minimum of 8 years implementing security programs and procedures and a strong knowledge of security management in complex environments;
- At least 2 years of working experience in similar capacity in an insecure environment;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Exceptional communication skills for explaining complex security concerns, policies, protocols, and procedures to senior management, employees, consultants, volunteers and consistently apply them at all levels
- Knowledge of local language where SFCG operates and/or regional experience is highly desirable
Reporting Line and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Successful candidate will report to the Country Director and support all other staff in the security unit, while working closely with the Heads of various offices.
N6,360,000 – N7,272,000 Annually.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is only open to Nigerian nationals.
- Please note that Search reserves the right to close applications earlier than the date communicated here. As opening may close earlier due to high volume of applications and other reasons, kindly apply as soon as possible.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
- All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
- Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Safety & Security Manager at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) Needs Safety & Security Manager
Zeniq was just launched on Pancake swap we need to be a little patience for more instructions on how to go about it
Zeniq Pancake Swap Launched & Withdrawal Procedures at a Very Low Fee
Zeniq Latest Products and How to Activate it
Zeniq will start to ship the Zeniq Hubs from 15th November
Zeniq Hubs disbursement start by 15th November
How to Apply for Zeniq Hubs Collection
Zeniq will start to ship the Zeniq Hubs Latest Products Apply Now
www.zeniq.com Zeniq Blockchain Digital Technology Investments Registration portal
Zeniq Ranks & Benefits/Join the Best Registration Team for New Members
Zeniq Payment Service Provider API-Similar to Paypal/ Bitpay Sign-up Now
Click here to signup for ZENIQ www.newsjotter.com
Click here to signup for ZENIQ Technologies and Safir Benefits
Zeniq Technologies & Safir Earning Potentials
ZENIQ Trading of all Crypto as a Digital Investments Assets/How to Apply
Click here to signup for FOMOEX www.newsjotter.com
www.safir.com/backoffice/auth/login How to Withdraw in Zeniq
Click here for your sustainable system & digitalized Means of earning money on Daily/weekly basis