Nigeria One Acre Fund Needs a Nigerian Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Location: Minna, Niger
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role
- As a growing organization, we are constantly improving our internal operational processes. The Monitoring and Evaluation (MEL) Project Specialist (PS) will be responsible for monitoring and evaluation of projects of core programs. Throughout the year, the MEL department executes 3-4 large-scale survey projects, and usually 4 or smaller (ad-hoc) studies.
- You will monitor performance indicators to report progress for specific projects within the programs. You will also create and run surveys, and analyze collected across different projects within the department and the entire organization. You will report progress to the MEL Lead promptly.
- Manage the MEL team: You will manage both the MEL Field and office-based teamsto the achievement of MEL objectives while maintaining data quality and excellent research standards. More specifically, you will:
- Coordinate training, and facilitate meetings and review sessions.
- Update and roll out quality control tools.
- Ensure the MEL team has all the necessary materials for their assignment.
- Visit the field to ensure the correct execution of surveys, respectful interaction with clients and communication challenges to your manager.
- Report the assessment of performance management data from the field upwards to leadership, laterally and downward to field staff.
- Research Design: You will help identify research objectives and drafting of survey tools to collect information for our annual impact analysis and other strategic queries. More specifically, you will support the following:
- Design research tools such as surveys and write analysis plans.
- Oversee data collection through qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Calculate sample sizes that are representative of the population while taking into account the needs of the program and the capacity of the team.
- Data Quality: You will oversee data collection and quality management. More specifically, you will:
- Codebook creation, data cleaning and analysis in Stata.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in data collection processes, and suggest and implement improvements for better data quality.
- Report on data quality, and survey progress, manage general survey collection and field follow-up.
- Analysis: You will analyze the collected data using the Stata or R software. You will produce and present findings of simple statistical analysis. More specifically, you will:
- Develop and follow the set-out analysis plan to determine the outcomes of research questions.
- Communicate findings in presentation and report format.
- Reporting: You will report to the MEL manager. You are expected to report on your work clearly and professionally. More specifically, you are expected to:
- Report to your manager to provide updates on work assignments, report on required Indicators, discuss performance and discuss other general work issues.
- Contribute to the content development of all aspects of MEL Field Team operations including training development, survey design and results presentations.
- System development: You are expected to lead MEL system and process development, create a framework, and draft procedures for MEL project activities.
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for.
For this role specifically, you will have:
- Graduate of a 4-year University Program and a possible Graduate Degree in Statistics, Economics, Population Studies, Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management or any other relevant field of study.
- Work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience or successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Two years minimum experience working on data collection and analysis (experience in a rural setting is could be an added advantage).
- Understanding of best practices in experimental design concepts.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and enthusiasm for learning.
- Experience teaching/mentoring others to support their professional development.
- Team building and collaboration experience with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Languages: English (required), Nupe or Gwari will be an added advantage
- Role-specific skills:
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, specifically: Ability to design basic data-entry spreadsheets in “database format” with useful data validation, you will extract summary statistics using Pivot Tables and Excel Formulae, and conduct analysis using statistics, logic, and validation formulae.
- Practical experience creating survey tools for field data collection and managing a field-based research team.
- Knowledge of electronic data collection platforms (e.g. ODK, SurveyCTO, CommCare).
- Preferably experience with statistical software packages such as Stata, or R.
- This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria.
- Health insurance, paid time off.
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.orgaddress. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org),but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace
Nigeria Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist at One Acre Fund
Nigeria One Acre Fund Needs a Nigerian Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist